Thursday, January 29, 2015

#training4ukraine

A little preface:

October 2012 changed my life forever. After the announcement to change the missionary age for both boys to age 18, and girls to 19, I decided to go on a mission; something I had never thought of doing before. After deciding I was going to go on a mission I thought I had better start to prepare. So I did just that. I began to "train" to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 

Flash forward to September 2014 as I prepared to submit my mission papers. The last six months have been a whirlwind of continued preparation. Finally that long awaited day of holding my call, and my future, in my hands came. I felt like everything in my life had lead up to this next endeavor. As you can probably imagine, I was a crazy bundle of emotions as I opened my call. I have been called to gather Israel in Kyiv Ukraine for 18 months to preach this beautiful gospel in the Russian language. Now I was not only training for a mission but I was training to serve in a special place. 

I am training for Ukraine. 

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord has commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." 1 Nephi 3:7 

Hurrah for Israel! 


No comments:

Post a Comment