Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A REAL HUMAN BEING

Kylie Sighting @ MTC by Kim J
Reddings found my Ky! :D


On Apr 22, 2015, at 1:34 PM, Kylie Karren <kylie.karren@myldsmail.net> wrote:

What is TIME?! Crazy.
2 MORE WEDNESDAY'S UNTIL UKRAINE. <3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON FRIDAY MY CUTEST MAMA IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. I LOVE YOU!

Shout out: Rasmussens and Rheddings and Kim J because I got to see them at the MTC this week! Please thank the Christoffersons for the best Dear Elder from their cute family. :) And Mama Janeal for the inspiring and happy Dear Elders that make me so so happy!

Ok. Cectpa Rubio and I have a REAL investigator. Did you hear what I just said?! My heart is like.....AAAAAAH! This is the best thing ever. Her name is Lisa and she is old(ish). She is from Wyoming and is going to school and working here right now and her friend told her she had to come to the MTC. So yesterday as we are walking we see her just sitting at a table and so we walked up and asked her if she was waiting for someone. 2 days in a row she has had appointments with missionaries and they did NOT show up. SO SAD. But kinda a gold opportunity for us. So we just sat down right there and began to get to know her and teach her. SHE IS REAL. Talk about awesome. Today we have the first real lesson planned with her this afternoon. Talk about the best PDAY ever. Pray I can teach her in English because every time we practice it comes out in Russian... She thinks we are absolutely nuts because we are going to Ukraine. I told her we kinda are crazy. But why are we doing it? Why are we not afraid? I am like, PLEASE, let me tell you! :D Because this gospel is such a tremendous blessing in my life and has given me so much, and because I know it is true I know that I MUST go tell other people about it. I can not be selfish and hold onto all the blessings for myself. Not when there are people out there who don't know their purpose. Don't know God, don't know that everything bad can be made alright through the Savior. How on earth could we just sit back and not help God, let his children know He loves them!??!!?!?!!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?

I am sorry. I get SO passionate about the gospel. I will probably cry because it is just the most beautiful thing. And we have it! How blessed are we. And what an obligation we have to serve and help others in any way we possibly can. All deserve to know.
So I will go to Ukraine. :D

Random thoughts and quotes:
"Just because something amazing happens everyday, DOESN'T mean you shouldn't mention that it is amazing EVERYDAY!" Missions are amazing. Tough, very tough, but also so fun. Missions take BRAVERY, LOVE, and SINCERITY. It is so worth it. Because people are just simply amazing, everyone!

Wilford W. Andersen from the 70 came and spoke at a devotional here last night. (Same man who spoke in conference about the medicine man and hearing the music when we dance). So I want to tell you a little bit about it. Think about the verb "to know" It is a sacred word!
How do we know something is true about the gospel? Well we need 3 key knowledges in order to know.
1. Head Knowledge:
-it is necessary to our journey or returning to God to have head knowledge.
-we learn with our brains which is very important!
-head knowledge alone does not create desire which is key to know
-Desire comes from heart knowledge
2. Heart Knowledge:
-to learn the things of God we must feel the Holy Ghost in our hearts.
-revelation is a combination of head knowledge and heart knowledge.
-NO ONE can change their hearts without outside help-which comes from the Holy Ghost
-we need to desire a change of heart
*Alma 10:5-6
-We learn true doctrine with the mind, then the Holy Ghost can testify to our hearts it is true.
3. Soul Knowledge:
-more than correct info or feelings and desires. SOUL knowledge requires action.
*John 7:17
-Soul knowledge is PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.
-Practice serving as Christ serves and loving as He loves.
-We come to know Him by becoming like Him.
-Soul knowledge is digging deeper.
To be truly converted we need to use and have all 3 knowledges, or we will not come to know. We have to always commit to be better and act. If we live our commitments our faith increases.
PRETTY COOL HUH.

I really hope you are all doing well. I need more Dear Elders please. While we can just keep them coming! I love to hear about your lives even if I don't have a ton of time to respond.

REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN!
and always remember who you are as  a child of god and really commit to know Him. Desire to continually change and to continually take upon us the name of our Savior and be born again, over and over and over. no matter out circumstances in life, we can always come to know he Savior which is the ultimate blessing.
Never take the book of Mormon or anything we have or our membership of this church for granted. We need to always strive to go deeper to do more and to rekindle excitement. Never just do, just to do. Always have a purpose and a plan in mind and always talk to God. Always turn to the Savior is good and in bad. Never grow complacent. In the end if we lost everything, if we had nothing-I hope we would all still have our testimonies. Ultimately it is our testimony we need to hold onto. If that is all we have, we can make it through. Have FAITH. Faith is having the courage to go on, no matter what. Remember "we walk by faith, not by sight." There is much to be done before Christ returns. Let us have the faith to do it!

I am doing great and I love you! mom I will send letter about prophets. I love you guys! Have a wonderful week!

Oh and guess what I am practicing the piano today because PEER PRESSURE happens even here and I am auditioning tomorrow to play "I know my Redeemer Lives" with Cectpa McDermott singing. We are auditioning to play in front of the entire MTC at a Sunday Evening Devotional. Since when do I do stuff like that?! GAH! scary. Giant leap of faith.

K I love you and I will talk to you soon!

Love,
Cectpa Karren




No comments:

Post a Comment