Monday, October 5, 2015

Mission Newsletter

Just Do What the Lord Tells You to Do
Ukraine Kyiv Mission
5 Oct 2015
Quote: "Wherefore, as ye are agents, ye are on the Lord’s errand; and whatever ye do according to the will of the Lord is the Lord’s business."
D&C 64:29
Dear Elders and Sisters,
President has asked me to write the letter this week and I am grateful for the opportunity. I love this time of year. I really love this weekend of conference it is always a renewal and is a fresh start. A time to reflect on what we need to change, or where we can improve. How grateful I am for Prophets and Apostles who know our Lord and Savior. This conference is a great event as we welcome in new apostles who the Lord trusts in this sacred calling. My heart and love goes out to them and their families as they accept this call. When president and I were given this call to serve here in Ukraine, I was given a book called The Light we Share by Harriet R. Uchtdorf. I want to share a little part with you.
“Then around noon on the Friday before general conference in October 2004, my husband surprised me with a visit at home. He normally didn’t come home for lunch, but he called and said that he could be with me in a few minutes. I quickly prepared a light lunch. When my husband entered our house and he looked into my eyes, he did not say one word, but I could feel in my heart and in my mind that he had been called to the holy apostleship. At that moment, the spirit bore a strong testimony to me that this was the will of the Lord, and that our lives would be changed forever. We spent a very special hour together in our home, sharing our innermost feelings, which included also moments of sacred turmoil. These were tender moments we enjoyed at our wonderful place of refuge and of defense. When he left for his office again, I knew with all my soul that he was truly called to be an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ."
I just love that. My heart goes out to those who received this same call this weekend as well. May we pray for them, sustain them, as they accept the call of apostleship.

This work is sacred and the call to serve is a privilege. This message that you are sharing to the people of Ukraine, will bring them peace, in an area of unrest. The gospel brings hope, truth and happiness.
In D&C 64:29 "Wherefore, as ye are agents, ye are on the Lord’s errand; and whatever ye do according to the will of the Lord is the Lord’s business." President Monson said;" I am a very simple man, I just do what the Lord tells me to do.”
Elders and Sisters prepare yourselves each day for this work. In your studies and in your prayers remember that you are on the Lord’s errand. This is your time to serve him. Let him lead you, let Him guide you, let Him be your light. For you will find great happiness in doing His work. We love you! We are so grateful for each and everyone of you. May this week of conference bring you closer to Him, help you find answers to your prayers, and joy in serving in this great call as a missionary.
Love,
Sister Packer 

No comments:

Post a Comment